Off to a rocky start yesterday with room assignment problems, but we did manage to hold a solid get-acquainted session in LIB110. I put together a quick questionnaire for the students re their eating habits, and we asked them to interview and introduce each other. Aaron and I did the same. As expected, there were tremendous variety of diets represented -- everything from "fried stuff" to whole organics purchased at the Union Square Greenmarket. It will be interesting to see if there are any changes in people's diet as the semester continues, and in what direction.
Instructions: Choose one of your classmates as a partner (someone you don’t know, please) and interview that person using the questions provided on this sheet. Then, using what you’ve learned, introduce your partner to the rest of the class. Save this sheet so that you have contact information for at least one of your classmates.
Basic Info on Your Partner
Questions for Your Partner
1. What did you eat over the weekend? Try to list everything!
2. What’s your favorite fast food chain? Why?
3. What’s your favorite meal at that chain? Why?
4. How often do you eat there? Do you always get the same thing?
5. Do you cook? How often? What kind of food do you usually cook?
6. Where do you shop for groceries? Why?
7. At the grocery store, do you buy mostly “processed foods” (frozen food, instant foods that you mix together and cook, heat-and-eat food) or do you buy mostly “whole foods” (raw meat, dairy products, grains, vegetables)?
8. What’s your favorite meal to cook at home? Why?
the obese world
7 years ago